Guided Seasonal Detoxification with Therapeutic Herbal Remedies: 4 Class Series (Wednesdays)
Series of 4 Classes: Wednesdays 1:00 – 2:30 pm
January 15, January 22, January 29, and February 5
During this eye opening four week program, GMB’s resident Herbalist Erin Antosh, will discuss the often surprising sources of toxins in our daily lives, how toxins impact our health, and how to reduce your exposure to support wellbeing. With your classmates and the support of Erin, you will be guided through a gentle and safe detoxification regimen that will support your body’s natural detoxification capabilities through certain foods, therapeutic botanical products, juices, and lifestyle strategies. Included in this class is a “Detoxification Support Kit” which includes medicinal herbal teas that support detoxification and deliver nutrients, recipes for preparing seasonally appropriate juices/lattes/smoothies/food, medicinal latte mixes, shopping lists, and more (everything you need to get started!).
Through our meetings each Wednesday, you will learn about the body’s natural detoxification pathways, and why extreme detoxification programs and cleanses are not necessary (and often dangerous). Instead of a drastic detox program, you will learn to eat and live in a way that allows your body to eliminate toxins easier, while also augmenting your nutrition. This is not a “juice cleanse” or an extreme herbal detox program, so you will be eating nourishing and nutrient dense food throughout the program.
Here is what you can expect from this program:
- A “Detoxification Support Kit” that includes the therapeutic botanical products you need to get started (and consists of a 2 month supply so you can continue using your products after the program)
- A 30-minute private consultation with Clinical Herbalist Erin Antosh to personalize your experience and help address individual health goals (conducted over the phone the first week of the program)
- Demonstrations each week to learn how to make and use herbal products and foods that support natural detoxification.
- Educational emails that complement what you learn in class, so you have the resources, education, and encouragement you need to safely boost your body’s detoxification processes.
- Access to Erin via email to ask questions and get the personalized support you need for your specific health goals during your four-week detoxification journey.
- A 20-minute session in Georgetown Massage’s Infrared Sauna (schedule it for one day before or after class).
- Therapeutic herbal teas to sip during class and snacks like botanically infused dark chocolates.
- A detailed survey (which you will take during the first class) to discover the areas in your life where you may be personally exposed to the most toxins that may be affecting your health, so you can personalize your experience.
Start the new year on a clean slate, feeling empowered to optimize your health naturally. After this class you will have the skills to prevent toxic buildup and the knowledge to incorporate gentle detoxification as part of your daily routine. As a lot of modern day health issues are rooted in our bodies’ compromised detoxification processes due to over accumulation of toxins, this program is a good foundation for healing chronic health issues and will provide you with the tools for prevention.